Last year’s CAMRA Members’ Weekend and AGM 2010 was held at the Villa Marina, Douglas 16-18 April 2010, and successfully provided our members with the opportunity
to discuss our future policy and direction, as well as being an event where members could socialise with friends, visit recommended pubs and go on organised trips.
All 20 motions were debated and the results can be viewed online
- Guest speaker Dr Mike Cowbourne of Okells Brewery gave a potted history of the brewery, as well as detailing the history of brewing on the Island.
- The National Executive election took place during the weekend and as a result the following four candidates have been elected to serve on the NE: Bob Stukins, Ken Davie, Keith Spencer and Jackie Parker.
- Fresh ideas to move forward our campaigns were discussed through workshops, policy discussion groups and seminars.
- The two members’ bars were busy at all times and served an excellent range of quality real ale, cider and perry.
- Local pubs in Douglas and the rest of the Island were frequently visited throughout the weekend
- Many organised trips to local breweries took place over the weekend.
Many thanks to Okells Brewery for sponsoring the 2010 Members’ Weekend & AGM.