2009′s CAMRA Members’ Weekend and AGM, held at the Winter Gardens, Eastbourne, 17-19 April 2009, successfully provided our members with the opportunity to discuss our future policy and direction, as well as being an event where members could socialise with friends, visit recommended pubs and go on organised trips.
- A beer tax demonstration, led by CAMRA’s National Executive, took place at the start of the event at Harveys Brewery. View pictures.
- All 20 motions were debated and the results can be viewed online.
- Guest speakers Miles Jenner from Harveys Brewery and Martyn Hillier, licensee of the Butcher’s Arms, CAMRA Kent Pub of the Year 2008, spoke on on issues relating to beer, brewing and key campaigns.
- Fresh ideas to more forward our campaigns were discussed through workshops, policy discussion groups and seminars.
- The members’ bar was busy at all times and served an excellent range of quality real ale, cider and perry.
- Local pubs in Eastbourne and the surrounding areas were frequently visited throughout the weekend.
- Many organised trips to local breweries took place over the weekend
Many thanks to Harveys Brewery for sponsoring the 2010 Members’ Weekend & AGM.