The venue for Members’ Weekend & AGM 2013 will at St Andrew’s and Blackfriars’ Halls which were once part of a Dominican Blackfriars church and friary. The halls date back to the 14th
centuries. However, in 1540, Henry VIII enforced the reformation, but fortunately the buildings survived as they were purchased by the City of Norwich. In times since these buildings have been a work house, a school and a technical Institute but is now they are a major venue for both public and private events in the city. The Halls are situated in centre of the city close to the Market Place, Bus station and about 15 minutes walk from the Rail station.St Andrews Hall, has a seating capacity for about 800 people. The Beer ex will be in the smaller Blackfriars Hall where hot and cold food will also be available. Both St Andrew’s and Blackfriars’ Halls are lined with portraits of past Lord Mayors and there is a portrait of Lord Nelson in Blackfriars “looking down at you!”. There is also a cloisters and crypt that will be used for extra public seating areas.
Address: The Halls, St Andrew’s Plain, Norwich, Norfolk NR3 1AU
See website http://www.standrewshall.co.uk/ for more details.